Friday, March 13, 2009

Wanting what you need.

__

WANT
–verb (used with object)
1.
to feel a need or a desire for; wish for


NEED
–noun
1.
a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation


IDEA [Also see THOUGHT -noun or THINK -verb]
–noun
1.
any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity


REALITY
–noun
1.
the state or quality of being real.
2.
resemblance to what is real.
3.
a real thing or fact.
4.
real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
5.
Philosophy.
a.
something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
b.
something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.

__


Now that that is out of the way, I can begin to elaborate on all of the thoughts and feelings I have been pencing over the past year or two. To begin with, rock and roll. Mick Jagger said it best himself, "You can't always get what you want..." well, you know the rest. And if you do not, I'm very sorry but I probably dont want you reading this. You might as well stop now.

Are music and art distractions in today's society? Should we all be sitting around in face to face conversation, contemplating our next movements or ideals in life without the influences of someone elses expression on how they percieve the way they feel about a certain aspect or ideal in life? To maintain all sanity, music and art are very much a therapuetic necessity for one's mind. Whether you are the one playing it or listening to it.

So yes, music has become a necessity for me. I guess you could say that I need it to survive. Probably more than I need food or water. Okay, I'm not going to elaborate on that any more then I was going to because it could create a very awkward situation for me in the future.

This brings me to THOUGHT and REALITY.

When we want something and then go along in life without it for so long and realize that "Hey, I'm okay without that, I'm alive and I'm happy," is when we begin to realize what it is we really need. And then recognizing that need was met in return makes you happy. I would say that is what makes ONE or EVERYONE happy but that is not true. I must be speaking of myself only here.

But let me explain, alot of times we want things that are not beneficial to us. As a human culture. We are lustfull and desire things to be done immediately. What is it they are calling the newer generations? Amnesiac's who forget where they come from? Well, I am. But I can't say that boldy with 100% certainty for everyone of Generation Y.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for some thoughts I've been meaning to write down and just can't find myself to do it in fear of sounding stupid 5 years from now or for sounding naive to the person sitting on my right.

As the governor of CA would say "I'll be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment