Saturday, March 28, 2009

Are you satisfied?


(relevent Seinfeld clip, "I'm full after the Rizotto.")

What does it mean to be satisfied? I'm not going to pull up any more cheeky dictionary quotes. Especially for satisfaction because everyone has different moral values, wants, needs, ethics, different outlooks on life in general which determine your level of satisfaction.

Me personally, I am rarely satisfied. I dont know if I choose to not be so that I am constantly stressing for something greater, wanting to expirience something at its best potential... I dont allow myself the pleasure of being satisfied so that I dont become complacent and mundane with whatever it is I may find myself to enjoy at the moment. Or maybe its just the simple fact that I am not satisfied with myself- therefore, can't find it in the things that revolve around me (wow, I'm shocked that I even made that last statement). For whatever reason why, I feel like a headcase at times and I will further explain...

I have found that all types of things bring satisfaction to people. For some it could be the smallest of things like a drawing on a napkin from your bf or gf, a smiley face on top of a cupcake, or a hug from your Grandma. But some people need more to find it. For example, a new house with a pool, the most expensive car on the lot, or that tripple bonus around the holiday season. Whatever you may find you NEED to be satisfied, regardless how materialistic or not it may seem, comes down to who you are and the choices that you make.


1. Assesing the situation- recognizing all that surrounds you. Whatever it may be: denial, confusion, complacency, joy, love, frustration, etc. These examples are a few feelings that create how we interpret and percieve our world.

2. Knowing your "self"- understanding why we choose to do the things that we do. This is key.

3. Staying true to what you believe- not only having some sort of religious obediance, but the freedom to express who you are with honesty, honoring what drives you to gain that truth.

4. Finding the good in all scenarios- I would hope that everyone would seek the "good" life but some do not. We fall short and desire lustfull actions that temporarily make us feel good. But when constantly seeking the positive... it will eventually start to find you.

5. Living life- gaining satisfaction and setting aside fear, allowing oneself to expirience their surroudings and how to manage them.

These are a few steps I have learned to acheiving the most out of the highs and lows in life. Basically, love yourself. Being satisfied with who you are. Changing what you dont like and accepting the things that you cannot.

SOBER- son o bitch everythings real

I've gotta quit smoking.


No comments:

Post a Comment